WriteShop Junior Book D Set
Set contains Teacher Guide, Activity Pack, and Time-Saver Pack
The Writeshop Junior Book D is for the Grade 3-4 student or for the reluctant Grade 5 student.
WriteShop Junior is a creative writing program that appeals to many learning styles. As with all WriteShop products, WriteShop Junior Book D helps you guide children through the steps of the writing process.
To keep the experience fun for everyone, each lesson includes engaging games and activities that teach and review important writing and self-editing skills. And whether you have a more advanced child or one who is fairly new to writing, this program is flexible so children can work at their own level.
WriteShop Junior Book D teaches the basics: how to come up with ideas; brainstorm and organize before writing; choose more interesting words; learn to self-edit in a fun and positive way; and publish creatively.
Recommended Grade Levels and Placement Help
- Ideal for students in 3rd and 4th grade.
- May also be used with reluctant 5th graders (and even some 6th graders).
- Parents also appreciate being able to use the program with struggling learners.
- Start with Book D if your child has not learned punctuation or grammar skills and still needs help planning, organizing, and adding details to a story.
- More reluctant 3rd graders should start with WriteShop Primary Book C.
What Products Are Included in the Set?
- Teacher's Guide:
- Daily lesson plans, writing samples, guided writing scripts, step-by-step teaching instructions, engaging learning games and exercises
- Student Activity Pack:
- This 2-pack contains the Student Worksheet Pack plus the Level 1 Fold-N-Go Grammar Pack
- Time-Saver Pack:
- For parents and teachers who appreciate shortcuts, the Time-Saver Pack includes a number of sturdy, ready-made props for activities featured throughout Book D, such as game cards and spinners. If you prefer to make your own, you'll find instructions for each activity in the Teacher's Guide.
What Products Do I Need to Buy?
- Student Activity Pack if you are teaching a second child is purchased separately. (one per child)
View a Book D lesson to see sample pages from the Teacher's Guide and the Activity Pack.
Book D Table of Contents
- Letter of Invitation
- Science Fiction
- Historical Fiction
- Personal Narrative
- Expository Writing: Factual Article
Skills Introduced in Book D
- Identify and use proper grammar and punctuation
- Narrow a broad topic to a specific topic
- Brainstorm before writing
- Structure a sentence
- Write a paragraph
- Choose strong words instead of weak ones
- Write sentences of different lengths
- Use emotion words to develop voice
- Use the five senses to add descriptive detail
- Self-edit and revise their work
- Creatively publish their final drafts
- Soft-cover book with plastic-coil binding. Lies flat for ease of use.
- 266 pages
- Includes several schedules with daily lesson plans. Schedules are flexible and easy to follow.
- Not an independent course. Lessons designed for parent and child to work together.
- Download a Book D sample lesson