Life of Fred Mineshaft
Life of Fred Intermediate is specially designed for students who are not yet 10 years of age but have finished the Elementary Series. This series is also is excellent for those who are in 5th or 6th Grade who are struggling with math or are switching from any other math curriculum.
This book covers intermediate mathematics including . . .
Milligrams and Pounds
Three-eights of 19,416
Is a Quart less than (<) a Duck?
What to Do with Eleven Hours of Free Time Each Day
Six Is What Fraction of 24?
Extending the Domain of a Function
Can a Four-sided Figure Have Exactly Three Right Angles?
Cardinality of Sets
the Largest Cardinal Number Isn't Six
Ounces, Gills, and Pints
30% of 270
Division by 100
Subtracting 3 oz. From 4 lbs. 2 oz.
Subtracting 7 Minutes 25 Seconds from 20 Minutes 10 Seconds
Subtracting 2 Gallons 1 Quart from 4 Gallons
Chords of a Circle
Three Definitions of Diameter
Subtracting 40 Feet from 9 Miles
Fahrenheit to Celsius Conversions
Does x < y Imply y > x?
Converting 39 Inches into Feet
Finding the Sale Price after Taking 40% Off
the Image of an Element in the Domain of a Function
63ºF = 17 2/9ºC
Unlike all other math programs, this one also teaches about:
• A Trillion Pounds of Rice to Cuba
• the Number of Stars in a Typical Galaxy
• What Piece of Leather Made Feudalism Possible
• Silent Letters
• Most Horses Achieve Few Outstanding Things in Life
• the Reason to Learn the Greek Alphabet
• Square Knots
• How Concrete Is Different than Cement
• Prolix vs. Laconic
• Freedom vs. Liberty
• Italicizing Book Titles
• Broiling vs. Pan Frying
• Freud, Skinner, and Maslow
• the Four Types of Sentences
• Maslow's Hierarchy of Needs
• Steak for One-year-olds
• Questions People Have at Different Stages in Life
• Why You Won't Bump into Moby Dick in Kansas
• Indications Your Daughter Will Become an English Major
The answers are included in the textbook.
You are ready to start Life of Fred Intermediate when...
1. You can add and subtract
2. You have an understanding of multiplication and division
3. You have finished Life of Fred Ice Cream
Dr. Schmidt recommends that all students up to 4th grade start with Apples and work their way through the entire Elementary Series followed by the Intermediate Series.
There are three books in Intermediate Series:
-Life of Fred: Kidneys
-Life of Fred: Liver
-Life of Fred: Mineshaftthen
move on to Life of Fred: Fractions
See inside Life of Fred Mineshaft