Life of Fred Kidneys
Life of Fred Intermediate is specially designed for students who are not yet 10 years of age but have finished the Elementary Series. This series is also is excellent for those who are in 5th or 6th Grade who are struggling with math or are switching from any other math curriculum.
We highly recommend that students in the 5th and 6th grade complete these three books before starting Life of Fred Fractions. Since Life of Fred presents math using a completely different approach, it can be beneficial for many students to back up a bit and review some of the concepts they have already covered. This helps them to get comfortable with this learning approach without them finding it too challenging. It will also give them practice with word problems which many students struggle with.
This book covers intermediate mathematics including . . .
Writing Numerals in Checks ($4000 and Not $40.00)
Word Problems in Arithmetic
Na + Cl → NaCl
Grams Vs. Ounces
Images of Elements of the Domain
115 Ounces = 7 Pounds and 3 Ounces
Definition of an Acre
The Calculus Definition of Limit
Scores, Dozens, and Braces
Polar Form of Complex Numbers
The Five Different Solutions to X5 = 32
A Quarter after Two
Twelve Kinds of Set Theory
The Best Time in History to Become a Mathematician
Arithmetic Sequences and Series
Preview of the Fundamental Theorem of Calculus
Descartes' Analytic Geometry
Unlike all other math programs, this one also teaches about:
• Three Keys to Success
• Charles Demuth's "I Saw the Figure 5 in Gold"
• Teachers' Salaries
• How to Carry Money on the Street
• Libraries State that Mccoy Comes Before Macdonald
• The Result of Years of Piano Practice
• The Great Depression
• The Biggest Error in Thinking
• What to Do in Life When You Hit a Wall
• How to Make a Million Dollars in Four Years
• the Economics of Free Things
• Salaries of University Presidents
• Toiletries for Kids and Older People
• Physical Exams, Ketones and Glucose
• The Best Use of Leisure Time
• Why We Have Two Kidneys
• The Chief Use of Kidneys Is Not to Make Urine
• Adumbration in Literature
• The Difference Between the United Kingdom and Great Britain
• The Four Different Reasons We Speak
• Why it Is Called a Solstice.
The answers are included in the textbook.
You are ready to start Life of Fred Intermediate when...
1. You can add and subtract
2. You have an understanding of multiplication and division
3. You have finished Life of Fred Ice Cream
Dr. Schmidt recommends that all students up to 4th grade start with Apples and work their way through the entire Elementary Series followed by the Intermediate Series.
There are three books in Intermediate Series:
-Life of Fred: Kidneys
-Life of Fred: Liver
-Life of Fred: Mineshaftthen
move on to Life of Fred: Fractions
See inside Life of Fred Kidneys