Life of Fred Butterflies
There are 10 books in the Elementary Series are for grades 1 through 4. Life of Fred Butterflies
is the second book in the Life of Fred Elementary Series
So, you think math is boring and there is nothing much anyone can do to make it "un-boring"?
You think the average person can't really ever understand math, and "Who needs it?" if you have a calculator in hand!
Never again hear the question which many math students have: "When are we ever gonna use this stuff?" or "Math is boring!"
No other textbooks are like these. Each text is written in the style of a novel with a humorous story line. Each section tells part of the life of Fred Gauss and how, in the course of his life, he encounters the need for the math and then learns the methods. Tons of solved examples. Each hardcover textbook contains ALL of the material – more than most instructors cover in traditional classroom settings. Includes tons of proofs.
Written by Dr. Stanley Schmidt with the intent to make math come alive with lots of humour, clear explanations, and silly illustrations that stick in the mind. The student will learn to think mathematically.
This book covers beginning mathematics including . . .
One Yard = 3 Feet
Numbers that Add to 9
Counting by twos
Reading 5:10 on a Clock
Braces, Parentheses and Brackets
Why Not Every Three Stars Can Make a Triangle
Reading 5:55 on a Clock
Half Past Six
p.m. (post meridiem)
A Baker's Dozen
Trillion, Quadrillion and Quintillion
and much more . . .
Unlike all other math programs, this one also teaches about:
• Facts about Butterflies
• Chrysalis vs. Cocoon
• Christina Rossetti
• Sheet Music for "But Not Alone"
• Domenico Fetti's Archimedes Thoughtful
• Exclamation Points
• Bad Things about Sugar
• One Good Thing about Sugar
• Marvin Stone's Invention of the Paper Straw 1888
• Orion's Belt
• Book Signings
• Why You Can Not Walk In a Room
• Deliberate vs. Inadvertent
• How to Say Toenail in German
• A Nebula is Not a Star
• Light Years
• the Alphabet Game
• Sheet Music for "The Crash of the Bell Tower"
• Quotation Marks inside of Quotation Marks
• Spine of a Book
• Lie vs. Lay
• Kingie's Brothers
• States that Begin with the Letter M
• Saying Thank You
• Virgil's Aeneid
• History of Pizza
• How to Set a Table.
The answers are included in the textbook. Complete this book and you are ready for Life of Fred Cats.
Dr. Schmidt recommends that all students up to 4th grade start with Apples and work their way through the entire elementary series.
* There are ten books in Elementary Series:
* Life of Fred: Apples
* Life of Fred: Butterflies
* Life of Fred: Cats
* Life of Fred: Dogs
* Life of Fred: Edgewood
* Life of Fred: Farming
* Life of Fred: Goldfish
* Life of Fred: Honey
* Life of Fred: Ice Cream
* Life of Fred: Jelly Beans
You are ready to start Life of Fred Elementary when...
1. You can talk in sentences.
2. You are willing to listen to a 5 page story.
3. You can hold a pencil.
4. You can print the digits 0 to 10
5. You know your basic addition and subtraction facts up to 10
Life of Fred Butterflies Sample Text