Learning Language Arts Through Literature - Yellow Book Teacher 3rd Edition
Learning Language Arts Through Literature Yellow Teacher's Book 3rd Edition
Third Grade Skills
36 lessons include dictation or copying of literature passages from great books your children will love. The Tale of Benjamin Bunny (Beatrix Potter), Alice's Adventures in Wonderland (Lewis Carroll), and The Tale of Jeremy Vole (Stephen Lawhead), poetry selections and much more! The updated third edition is even easier to use with new lessons, journaling, and more. Includes all the language arts skills: reading, spelling (with suggested lists included), grammar, higher order thinking skills, creative writing, and handwriting in an easy-to-use format. For your convenience, Teacher Notes and answers are right in the margin of the teacher book. The Skills Index provides an easy reference.
Four Literature Links encourage students in vocabulary building, reading for content, and comprehension. Exciting activities bring each story to life and give your student many opportunities to be creative.
- 36 weekly lessons (which includes 4 Literature Links) divided into easy-to-use daily plans.
- The following 4 books may be used for the Literature Links or you may use other stories which are included in the book: The White Stallion, by Elizabeth Shub; Madeline, by Ludwig Bemelmans; Meet George Washington, by Joan Heilbroner; The Courage of Sarah Noble, by Alice Dalgliesh
- Integrated language lessons include: phonics, reading, spelling, grammar, phonics review and higher order thinking skills.
- Focus on Spelling tips help with memorization of spelling rules. Suggested spelling lists are included for each lesson!
- Handwriting Instructions and work pages for cursive writing included!
- Teacher friendly, with little or no preparation needed!
- Phonics Facts, Grammar Guides, and Punctuation Pointers keep students on track.
- Review Activities follow most lessons providing additional skill practice.
- Assessments help teachers to evaluate student's progress.