The Yellow Book
3rd Grade Skills
36 lessons include dictation or copying of literature passages from great books your children will love. The Tale of Benjamin Bunny (Beatrix Potter), Alice's Adventures in Wonderland (Lewis Carroll), and The Tale of Jeremy Vole (Stephen Lawhead), poetry selections and much more! The updated third edition is even easier to use with new lessons, journaling, and more. Includes all the language skills: reading, spelling (with suggested lists included), grammar, higher order thinking skills, creative writing, and handwriting in an easy-to-use format. For your convenience, Teacher Notes and answers are right in the margin of the teacher book. The Skills Index provides an easy reference.
Four Literature Links encourage students in vocabulary building, reading for content, and comprehension. Exciting activities bring each story to life and give your student many opportunities to be creative.
- 36 weekly lessons (which includes 4 Literature Links) divided into easy-to-use daily plans.
- Integrated language lessons include: phonics, reading, spelling, grammar, phonics review and higher order thinking skills.
- Focus on Spelling tips help with memorization of spelling rules. Suggested spelling lists are included for each lesson!
- Handwriting Instructions and work pages for cursive writing included!
- Teacher friendly, with little or no preparation needed!
- Phonics Facts, Grammar Guides, and Punctuation Pointers keep students on track.
- Review Activities follow most lessons providing additional skill practice.
- Assessments help teachers to evaluate student's progress.
The Yellow Student Activity Book is the perfect companion for the Yellow Teacher Book! Everything in one book: student instruction, a place for writing, and a tool for easy record keeping. Allows for more independent work, a BONUS for teachers. The Yellow SAB provides Enrichment Activities such as word puzzles, analogies, logic/reasoning activities and more found ONLY in the SAB. (Answers are found in The Teacher Book.) Please note: The Student Activity Book cannot be used independently.
The Learning Language Arts Through Literature - Yellow Book3rd Grade Bundle
Sample Lesson - Teacher BookSample Lesson - Student BookTable of Contents - Teacher BookTable of Contents - Student Book
- Yellow Book Student 3rd Edition
- Yellow Book Tearcher 3rd Edition
- The Courage of Sarah Noble, by Alice Dalgliesh
- Madeline, by Ludwig Bemelmans
- Meet George Washington, by Joan Heilbroner
- The White Stallion, by Elizabeth Shub