Enjoy this story-based course featuring Claire and Micah, designed to engage your young learner and strengthen their reading and writing skills. Real world examples and applications are the focus as they practice reading, apply grammatical skills, and increase their vocabulary. Complete with helpful illustrations and guides, this book will teach your student paragraph structure, compound words, contractions, sentence combining, helping verbs, prepositions, and more!
This language arts series adapts Charlotte Mason ideas for the modern homeschool student, complete with character-building themes. Each quarter has five stories, two picture studies (one of which is Bible-based), and two poems (one of which is a Psalm). Using the spelling words and the Dictionary Worksheets, students will create their very own dictionary as they move week by week through the material.
Develops reading and narration skills as well as writing mastery of multisentence paragraphs.
Other resources required for this curriculum is the "101 Favorite Stories from the Bible" also available at CHER. See related items below.
Table of Contents:
Using this Course
1. Story, Alphabet Review, Sentence Review, Reading, Short A, E Words
2. Picture Study, Noun Review, Calendar, Reading, Short I, O, U Words
3. Story, Proper Nouns, Pronouns, Calendar, Reading, Long A Words
4. Poem, Plural Nouns, Calendar, Reading, Long E Words
5. Story, Plural Nouns, Sentence Types, Reading, Long I Words
6. Picture Study, Plural Nouns, Commas, Reading, Long O Words
7. Story, Plural Nouns, Abbreviations, Reading, Long U Words
8. Psalm, Possessive Nouns, Sentences, Reading, Sight Words
9. Reading, 1st Quarter Review, Reading, 1st Quarter Spelling Review
10. Story, Action Verbs, Sentence Combining, Reading, -ed, -ing Words
11. Picture Study, State of Being Verbs, Compound Words, Reading, /oy/, /oi/ Words
12. Story, Adjectives, Contractions, Reading, /ar/, /or/, /er/, /ir/, /ur/ Words
13. Poem, Adverbs, Quotation Marks, Reading, Plural -s, -es Words
14. Story, Prepositions, Titles, Reading, Plural f to v, y to i Words
15. Picture Study, Homophones, Dictionary Guide Words, Reading, Irregular Plural Words
16. Story, Homophones, Sentences Review, Reading, Compound Words
17. Psalm, Articles, Writing a Paragraph, Reading, Contractions
18. Story, 2nd Quarter Review, Reading, 2nd Quarter Spelling Review
19. Story, Verbs, Combining Sentences, Reading, -air, -are, -oar, -ore, -ure Words
20. Picture Study, Helping Verbs, Synonyms, Antonyms, Thesaurus, Reading, pl, pr, sh, th Words
21. Story, Verb Usage, Homonyms, Homophones, Reading, ck, ct, ft, ld, mp, nd Words
22. Poem, Verb Usage, Prefix un-, re-, Reading, Homophones
23. Story, Word Usage, Prefix in-, im-, dis-, pre-, tele-, Reading, Homonyms
24. Picture Study, Word Usage, Suffix -ed, -ing, Root Words, Reading, Prefix dis-, im-, in-, re-, un- Words
25. Story, Word Usage, Simile, Reading, Suffix -est, -ied, -less, -ly, -y Words
26. Psalm, Comparison, Writing a Paragraph, Reading, Roots bio, graph, phon, scope Words
27. Story, 3rd Quarter Review, Reading, 3rd Quarter Spelling Review
28. Story, Noun Review, Sentence Review, Reading, -ng, -nk, -nt, -pt, -sk, -st Words
29. Picture Study, Plural Nouns Review, Sentence Review, Reading, -ch, -tch Words
30. Story, Preposition Review, Quotation Marks, Reading, spr, shr, str, squ, scr, spl, thr Words
31. Poem, Review, Reading, f, gh, ph Words
32. Story, Verb Review, Similes, Reading, Soft and Hard g Words
33. Picture Study, Word Usage Review, Reading, Silent Letter Words
34. Story, Adjectives/Adverbs Review, Paragraph Review, Reading, Double Consonant Words
35. Psalm, Word Usage Review, 4th Quarter Review, Reading, Ordinal Number Words
36. Story, 4th Quarter Review, Thank You Letter, Reading, 4th Quarter Spelling Review
Teacher Aids101 Favorite Stories from the Bible
is a required resource for this curriculum.
Language Arts - Where Should My Child Start?
Language Lessons 3 - Dictionary Preview
Language Lessons 3
101 Favorite Stories from the Bible