Teach beginning paragraph writing skills. Includes: teaching ideas, reproducible forms, center with ready-to-use materials. Topics: parts of a paragraph, types of paragraphs, and planning paragraphs.
Gives students lots of fun, familiar topics to choose from. This comprehensive writing resource by Evan-Moor is organized into 12 monthly sections, exploring topics pertinent to each month, and its associated season, holidays, birthdays, and more.
Each monthly section includes:
* "Quickwrites" - a writing calendar containing twenty-five topics meant to be used for short, daily writing practice periods
* story starters and titles appropriate to the month
* reproducible forms representing a variety of writing experiences - from expanding vocabulary and listening to the sounds of language, to letter writing, list making, and much more
Teacher resource pages provide:
* discussion about the writing process
* conferences and response groups
* an index