The intermediate level in a groundbreaking writing series that prepares students for high-level rhetoric and composition.
Writing With Skill combines time-tested classical techniques -- the imitation and analysis of great writers -- with innovative contemporary insights. Models from great literature provide the student with inspiration, while step-by-step instructions explicitly teach the skills that other writing programs merely assign without explanation. Original writing assighments in history, science, biography and literature expand the student's intellectual horizons.
Designed to be used along with Writing With Skill, Level Two:Instructor Text, this book gives every student the necessary tools to write with clarity and confidence.
* written directly to the student
* straightforward, detailed instructions in how to brainstorm, organize and construct original compositions
* careful, clear analysis of models from great writers
* exercises in style and sound
* extensive practice in planning and carrying out independent projects
Writing With Skill Level 2 Student Text Sample