Christopher Columbus Z
This item is sold "as is". No returns or refunds.
Sailing to a New World
On an expedition to discover a new trade route to the Far East for Spain, Christopher Columbus landed in a "New World." Young readers will enjoy this sensitively written new book about Columbus' famous journey and the results of his interaction with the indigenous people. Find out what life was like for explorers at sea in the 1400s.
* full-color maps of the journey
* Native American culture and customs before and after Columbus' arrival
* the Nina, the Pinta, and the Santa Maria
* the evolution of the world map
* the duties and superstitions of the crew, as well as how they dealt with hardships such as storms and illness
* how the "New World" affected Spain's economy
* an authentic recipe