Artistic Pursuits Sculpture Technique: Construct
Sculpture Technique: Construct
A Unique Introduction to the World of Sculpting
Sculpture Technique, CONSTRUCT offers students, upper elementary to high school, the opportunity to discover their own creative strengths in the world of three-dimensions. This book is the first of its kind to bring the processes and concepts of construction methods in papermaking, papier-mâché, cardboard and wire into the home environment. Unlike craft books, the assignments in this book focus on processes of working with specific materials while introducing the elements of sculpture in ways students can put into practice immediately. Students work as sculptors, creating original sculptures while selecting subject matter that is interesting and relevant to their own lives.
- Text written in conversational manner means student can work indepenently
- Full year course in one book
- Elements of sculpture are introduces using Contemporary Art by working artists
- Projects are described in fully illustrated pages
- Evaluations for greater understanding of concepts
The student is the master as he works with his hands. Students construct with paper, cardboard, papier-mâché, and wire while creating unique sculptures that represent their own ideas, interests, and skills. Using this book students are sculptors!