All About Spelling Level 5: Teacher's Manual and Student Packet
Level 5 in the All About Spelling series contains features and learning tools to help your student master important spelling concepts.
In a practical, hands-on way, your student will learn:
- When to apply the I-Before-E Generalization
- How to add two suffixes to a word
- Clues for when to use tion and sion to spell the sound of /shun/
- How to alphabetize words to the fourth letter
- The Doubling Rule for adding vowel suffixes
- Nine ways to pluralize words
- Another way to spell /er/
- New spelling strategies that will help him tackle longer words with ease
- and much more!
You'll appreciate the organization, thought, and research that went into this program as you work with your student on the multisensory activities incorporated into every Step.
- Word Sort activities help your student practice the multiple ways of spelling one sound.
- The Spelling Review Box helps you organize the flashcards so you can quickly see which words, phonograms, and spelling rules your student still needs to learn and review. (Flashcards and dividers are included; you supply the 3x5 index card box, or you can purchase the All About Spelling Spelling Review Box.)
- Concept-oriented spelling lists are grouped by similar phonograms and spelling rules. This accelerates learning by organizing ideas in the student's mind and allowing the student to concentrate on and master one or two main concepts before moving on.
- The Make It Plural Book helps your student review, identify, and categorize ways to make words plural, including words ending in o, f, and f-e, as well as irregular plurals.
- *Word Banks help your student build visual memory of words.
- *The Alphabetizing Word Sheet provides practice words to reinforce the student's ability to alphabetize to the second, third, and fourth letters.
- *The Writing Station activity gives your student a creative outlet for applying new knowledge. This activity provides the practice and structure he needs to achieve the goal of correct spelling outside the classroom.
- *Tips for the teacher anticipate and provide answers to your questions and give you on-the-spot strategies for helping your student overcome stumbling blocks. Worked seamlessly into the lessons, tips are placed right where you need them, when you need them, so you can continue your teaching uninterrupted.
- *The Homophone Pairs activity provides more practice for the student to recognize and choose the correct homophone in his own writing.
- *The Progress Chart gives your student a visual reminder of how far he has come and motivates him to master the next step.
The 28 steps of Level 5 progress in a logical, sequential order.
To teach All About Spelling Level 5, you will need the Teacher’s Manual and Student Packet. You should also already have either the Basic or Deluxe Spelling Interactive Kit, which is purchased at Level 1 and then used for all levels of the program.
If you are teaching more than one student, you will need to purchase an additional Level 5 Student Packet for each student.
All About Spelling is a building block program in which each level builds upon the previous one, so most students should start with Level 1 of the program.
All About Spelling is mastery-based so your child can learn at his or her own pace and still feel a sense of pride and accomplishment at the end of each lesson. Plus, All About Spelling is customizable for each child, even those with special needs.
All About Spelling is not a "teach it and forget it" program. After a concept or spelling rule has been taught, it is reviewed in many different ways to make sure it sticks.
Level 5 Sample Pages:Level 5 Sample
Download All About Spelling placement test