All About Spelling Level 3: Teacher's Manual & Student Package
To teach All About Spelling Level 3, you will need the Teacher's Manual and Student Packet. You should also already have either the Basic or Deluxe Spelling Interactive Kit, which is purchased at Level 1 and then used for all levels of the program.
If you are teaching more than one student, you will need to purchase an additional Level 3 Student Packet for each student.
In this level, students begin learning about homophones and keeping a list of all the homophones they come across in the lessons. The All About Homophones workbook is an optional component of the spelling program, and includes over 240 pages of engaging homophone activities, homophone games, spelling resources, and teaching tools to help reinforce the concept of homophones.
All About Spelling is a building block program in which each level builds upon the previous one, so most students should start with Level 1 of the program.
Level 3 in the All About Spelling series continues to bring together the three pathways to learning—auditory (hearing), visual (seeing), and kinesthetic (touching). This multisensory approach, combined with a built-in review system and reinforcement activities, ensures that students retain what they learn and understand how to apply it in practical situations.
In a practical, hands-on way, your student will learn:
- Two additional ways to spell the sound of long a
- Five reasons for adding a silent e to the end of a word
- The C+l-e syllable type
- How to add consonant and vowel suffixes
- More ways to spell the sound of long o
- The three sounds of past tense suffix –ed
- When to double consonants before adding suffixes
- When to drop the silent e before adding a suffix
- More ways to spell long e
- Additional ways to spell the sound of /er/
- More ways to spell long i
Level 3 Sample