Looking for Butterflies? Check back soon to order Live Painted Lady Butterflies for May and June delivery.
2021 Painted Lady Butterfly Rearing Kit
Prepay by April 23rd, 2021 for arrival the week of May 10th, 2021The Live Painted Lady Butterfly Rearing Kit
is the perfect kit for families to raise butterflies from larvae to butterfly. The Rearing Kit includes 3-5 larvae.
Did you know Painted Lady Butterflies are found on every continent except Antarctica and are virtually as widespread as the Cabbage White - and all of this without human assistance? They are common throughout Canada. The upper surface is orange, black and white, with a wingspan of 50 - 60 mm.
Have you ever wondered at the beauty and majesty of a butterfly emerging from its chrysalis? Now you can watch the cycle in your own home. Each Rearing Kit comes with clear instructions, feeding information, artificial diet and larvae in a caterpillar cup.
See the information below to order your Live Painted Lady Butterfly Kit for spring 2021!
The Butterfly Rearing Kit includes:
- 3-5 larvae in a 16oz rearing chamber already set up with enough nutrient diet to rear them (no transfer into smaller containers necessary
- Paint brush for safe handling
- Adult Feeding vial
The whole project takes about a month :
Please read carefully. Butterfly Kit orders to be shipped out or picked up in Calgary.
- 1 - 3 weeks as a caterpillar
- About one week as a chrysalis
- Then your butterfly emerges.
- Release your butterflies in 5-7 days.
- Your pre-paid Larvae Kit will be shipped or ready for pick up the week of May 10th, 2021. (We will have a second order date for delivery the week of June 1. Unless specified, it will be assumed you are requesting the May 10th shipment. Customers in cooler climates may want to order from our second batch for arrival the week of June 1 for the best chance at nice weather when you release your butterflies.)
- Orders must be placed & prepaid by Friday, April 30th, 2021
- Larvae Kits are subject to different shipping charges so we can get these live little critters to you faster. (Shipping in Alberta: $25. Shipping to Saskatchewan or BC: $30. Shipping to Manitoba or Ontario: $35. Other locations and remote addresses will be confirmed prior to payment.) Please select your Butterfly Ship Fees specific to your region. These fees use a faster method of delivery than our regular shipping fees to get the kits to you more quickly.
- Butterflies orders cannot include other products. For the safety of these little critters, we handle their orders and shipments separately. Any other items ordered with butterflies will be cancelled and you will need to reorder them.
- We can only ship Painted Lady Butterflies within Canada
- You will receive an email with tracking number when your larvae ship. It is recommended that you track your order so you can be home when they arrive.
- Pick up orders will receive an email with dates and times to pick up in Calgary (no additional handling fees for pick up orders).
Butterfly Kits are Special Order items. You will receive an email after we receive your request, this will have further instruction and require your confirmation and prepayment.Any promotions offered by CHER are not applicable to this Special Order item.Plant a Butterfly Garden!
Plant a corner of your garden or flowerbed with butterfly-friendly plants and include host plants for all life stages. Don't be discouraged if you don't have much space, butterflies appreciate hanging plants and container gardens too.
Here is a list of some of the plants you may want to add to your garden to be "butterfly friendly":
"We received our butterfly larvae yesterday. The kids are so excited!" MB AB
- Herbs: Sage, Hyssop, Thyme, Dill, Parsley, Chives, Mint
- Flowers: Asters, Cosmos, Pansies, Marigolds, Violets, Lilac, Hollyhocks, Lupines, Coneflower, Faillardia, Phlox, Primrose, Sedum, Yarrow, Calendula, Dahlia
- Wildflowers: Queen Anne's Lace, Goldenrod, Red or White Clover, Milkweed, Purple Coneflower, Dandelion, Asters, Bearberry (Kinnikinik), Gooseberry
- Vegetables (left to flower): Carrots, Broccoli, Kale, Cabbage.