Life of Fred Honey
This book covers beginning mathematics including . . .
The Big Question in Arithmetic
Multiplying Two-digit Numbers
A Pound of Hamburger Weighs More Than a Pound of Gold
The Last Ten Multiplication Facts
How to Remember 7×8 = 56
Subtracting 12 oz. from 15 lbs.
First and Second Coordinates
Why Algebra Does Not Use the Times Sign (×)
The Cardinality of the Set of All Ice Cream Flavors that Begin with the Letter Alpha
Minutes and Hours in the Metric System
Plotting Points on a Graph
The One Reason for Mathematics
Slope of a Line
Estimating Using Graphs
Changing the Scale on a Graph
Counting Back Change
The Commutativity of Set Union
Less Than (<) and Greater Than (>)
Area of a Rectangle.
Unlike all other math programs, this one also teaches about:
• One Use of Poetry
• Stationery vs. Stationary
• Forestland in the United States
• Business Letters vs. Personal Letters
• Capitalization in Closing Salutations
• Using Honey Cards
• How to Polish Leather Shoes
• Maps as Seen by Artists, War Historians, Mathematicians, Lovers of Cheese, and Literature Historians
• A Poetical Meaning for "the Land of Milk and Honey"
• Endoplasmic Reticulum
• Finding Cyprus on a Map
• Implicit vs. Explicit
• The Two Major Countries on the Iberian Peninsula
• Why You Can't Find an Ibex in Kansas
• How to Have Ice in the Summer in Kansas in 1843
• Improper Use of Seat Belts
• Why You Shouldn't Park on the Sidewalk
• Michelangelo di Lodovico Buonarroti Simoni's Painting
• When Eating Ice Cream Can Be Torture
• Liberty vs. Freedom
• Homogenized Milk
• Why Use Soap
• What You Can Do If You Have Tons of Casual Cash (the answer: buy graph paper)
• Joe's Stomach Has Only Finite Capacity
• Why Brass Braces Are Better Than Regular Braces
The answers are included in the textbook.
Dr. Schmidt recommends that all students up to 4th grade start with Apples and work their way through the entire elementary series.
* There are ten books in Elementary Series:
* Life of Fred: Apples
* Life of Fred: Butterflies
* Life of Fred: Cats
* Life of Fred: Dogs
* Life of Fred: Edgewood
* Life of Fred: Farming
* Life of Fred: Goldfish
* Life of Fred: Honey
* Life of Fred: Ice Cream
* Life of Fred: Jelly Beans
You are ready to start Life of Fred Elementary when...
1. You can talk in sentences.
2. You are willing to listen to a 5 page story.
3. You can hold a pencil.
4. You can print the digits 0 to 10
5. You know your basic addition and subtraction facts up to 10
Life of Fred Honey Sample Text