Life of Fred Farming
This book covers beginning mathematics including . . .
Adding to 14
Adding to 16
Rows of a Matrix
Union of Sets
All of Mathematics Generated by the Empty Set
Proof that the Set of Everything (the Universal Set) Cannot Exist
Cardinality of a Set
Numbers vs. Numerals
Borrowing One in Subtraction
Definition of Function
Domain and Codomain
Radius and Ulna
Dollars in Different Denominations
and much more . . .
Unlike all other math programs, this one also teaches about:
• Why Many Dolls Have a Vacant Stare
• Three Things in Order to be Great
• Collective Nouns
• Cock-a-doodle-doo in Four Languages
• Circumference of the World, What Iniquitous Means
• The Second Sound Recording Ever Made
• The Proof that Every Number is Interesting
• Flour Fights Are Fun
• Rhetorical Questions
• The Game of Questions
• Humerus vs. Humorous
The answers are included in the textbook.
Dr. Schmidt recommends that all students up to 4th grade start with Apples and work their way through the entire elementary series.
* There are ten books in Elementary Series:
* Life of Fred: Apples
* Life of Fred: Butterflies
* Life of Fred: Cats
* Life of Fred: Dogs
* Life of Fred: Edgewood
* Life of Fred: Farming
* Life of Fred: Goldfish
* Life of Fred: Honey
* Life of Fred: Ice Cream
* Life of Fred: Jelly Beans
You are ready to start Life of Fred Elementary when...
1. You can talk in sentences.
2. You are willing to listen to a 5 page story.
3. You can hold a pencil.
4. You can print the digits 0 to 10
5. You know your basic addition and subtraction facts up to 10
Life of Fred Farming Sample Text