Saxon Math 1 Homeschool teaches basic concepts with fun, effective methods. Saxon Math 1 is an introduction to reading numbers, telling time, counting money, understanding the calendar, and other basic math concepts.
Building directly on Saxon Kindergarten Math, Math 1 establishes a solid understanding of basic math concepts, such as comparing and ordering numbers, mastering all basic addition facts and most basic subtraction facts, adding two-digit numbers without regrouping, naming fractions, and measuring with inches, feet, and centimeters. Your child will also learn to create, read, and write observations from real graphics, pictographs, and bar graphs.
* Homeschool Teacher's Manual
Student's Meeting Book
- 130 Lessons
- Step-by-step instructions and scripts
- Pre-class preparation instructions
- A complete list of materials needed for each lesson
- Spiral-bound to lie flat when open
- 730 pages
Student Workbooks/Fact Cards
- Used for the daily opening exercise
- Provides a colorful way to teach the days, years, and dates
- All necessary student materials
- Bound in two workbooks
- Practice pages, masters, and fact cards
Saxon continues to lead as #1 favorite math program in surveys of home educators! Home school families have told me over and over again how much they love Saxon Math. Mary Pride says “Saxon Math is the best. Period.” Saxon's continual and incremental practice provides the child with opportunity to learn and remember the foundational skills and concepts of mathematics.
Saxon has taken their elementary classroom program and adapted it for homeschoolers.
Saxon Homeschool Math K-3 Manipulative Kit should be purchased along with this kit for maximum results.Saxon Math Scope and Sequence Grades K to 3